Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 DD1-3 Adventure Series in FR

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
questing gm Posted - 29 Oct 2007 : 20:21:02
Has anyone adapted the DD1 Barrow of the Forgotten King series in FR? So far I could only come up with linking it with 'Within the Circle' adventure found in Dungeon #130 set in Featherdale that makes the Yuan-Ti connection in the end.

But somehow or rather i get this feeling that the adventure series is more suited in Cormyr.

Where would you place this adventure series ?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
questing gm Posted - 10 Nov 2007 : 01:57:11
Found a new place to put this, the old Kingdom of Man in Delimbiyran makes it a very good candidate for a 'forgotten king', but I don't have much resources to look through other than LEoF...

Halidan Posted - 03 Nov 2007 : 00:54:32
quote:
Originally posted by questing gm

Now this is news to me and would also like to know your reference for this.

It's in the Forgotten Realms FAQ, an excellent reference to many things Realmsian. IIRC, a copy of the FAQ is archived on this very website. You can either look it up yourself or reveal the spoiler text below:

According to Ed Greenwood:

Lashan's in stasis, entombed in rock, deep beneath the Underdark. He's also in larva (as in the Lower Planar creature) form, and rendered forever mindless...thus, as Lashan, he was "destroyed." (Heeeheee! You should have seen the faces of the my players when their persistent enquiries led them to THAT calmly-related information!)
questing gm Posted - 02 Nov 2007 : 07:52:49
quote:
quote:Originally posted by questing gm

I believe Aencar's body was cremated so I don't think he would have been buried in any barrow.

Hmm...that's news to me. Do you have a source for this information. I'm interested in everything Dales related and always looking for stuff I missed.

It is in the Revised Forgotten Realms Box Set, the Shadowdale booklet, page 17 in the sidebar about Aencar.

However...

quote:
Given that Lashan is actually in two places and neither one of them is any sort of grave, that might be a bit difficult. Given that the title of the module is "Forgotten King," maybe I'll just go with some long forgotten ruler of Teshen or any of the other lost dales.

Now this is news to me and would also like to know your reference for this.
Halidan Posted - 02 Nov 2007 : 00:31:00
quote:
Originally posted by questing gm

I believe Aencar's body was cremated so I don't think he would have been buried in any barrow.

Hmm...that's news to me. Do you have a source for this information. I'm interested in everything Dales related and always looking for stuff I missed.

quote:
Originally posted by questing gmCould the forgotten king be Lashan instead? I think many Dales folk would like to put him out of their memory.

Given that Lashan is actually in two places and neither one of them is any sort of grave, that might be a bit difficult. Given that the title of the module is "Forgotten King," maybe I'll just go with some long forgotten ruler of Teshen or any of the other lost dales.

quote:
Originally posted by questing gmWhat about inserting these adventures in Mulhorand or Unther?

That's not a part of the Realms I'm really familiar with, so I really don't have any advice.
questing gm Posted - 01 Nov 2007 : 20:12:38

Could the forgotten king be Lashan instead? I think many Dales folk would like to put him out of their memory.

What about inserting these adventures in Mulhorand or Unther?
Halidan Posted - 30 Oct 2007 : 18:29:38
I haven't actually DM'd the modules, but as I read through DD1, the thought occured to me to have the Forgotten King actually be Aencar, the only King the Dales ever had. the town of Kingsholm would be Essembra in Battledale, and the various artifacts of the king stolen by the tomb-robbers would be changed to things from Aencar's past - including his mask.

Since the connections with The Sinister Spire and Fortress of the Yuan-Ti are via nodes and gates, you could really place those modules anyplace in the Realms that you like.
Asgetrion Posted - 30 Oct 2007 : 02:08:25
I could see both adventures working really well near the Serpent Hills or Waterdeep, for example. Cormyr is another choice, but then I'd change the Forgotten King into Forgotten Queen Enchara, probably, because IIRC none of Cormyr's monarchs were entombed in a barrow somewhere in the countryside. I could be wrong, of course. You might also run these adventures in the Border Kingdoms, too, where they would fit very well without too much work.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000