Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Excerpts from the Grand History of the Realms

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
monch9 Posted - 06 Sep 2007 : 13:34:50

Hi,

The previews for September are up. Linked is the Excerpts from the Grand History of the Realms.

Previews for September :
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4pr/20070905a

Excerpt (GHOTR):
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4pr/20070905b

Monch
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Skeptic Posted - 19 Sep 2007 : 06:53:48
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight
No offense George: I have a very high respect for you, your work and your passion for the Realms, but this "buy FR no matter what" dogma (which I also upheld until recently) is simply too much to ask at this point. I must say (sadly) that I will have to take a step back from now on: whereas I previously said "I will not buy 4E Core but will still buy anything with a FR logo on it", I must now revise my statement to "I will not buy 4E Core but *might* buy FR if the content/quality is commensurate to a true FR product."

Currently, I have the opposite reaction, I'm a lot more excited by core 4E than the "new Realms".
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 19 Sep 2007 : 06:23:27
quote:
Originally posted by Warrax

[quote]If you love FR, you'll continue to buy it but if the changes coming are too much, you'll no longer love FR as it exists in present form, which deprives you of incentive to continue purchasing new products and will then have you focus on older stuff, representing the material and feel of the setting that you enjoyed.

Well put Warrax.

No offense George: I have a very high respect for you, your work and your passion for the Realms, but this "buy FR no matter what" dogma (which I also upheld until recently) is simply too much to ask at this point. I must say (sadly) that I will have to take a step back from now on: whereas I previously said "I will not buy 4E Core but will still buy anything with a FR logo on it", I must now revise my statement to "I will not buy 4E Core but *might* buy FR if the content/quality is commensurate to a true FR product."
Warrax Posted - 18 Sep 2007 : 22:57:09
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

As it stands, this tome represents the FINAL product concerning the Realms we currently KNOW.

Everything is about to change, and I have a feeling that this book will be the sole source for campaigns that refuse to move to 4e for YEARS to come.

If you love FR, this could be the most important purchase you ever make.

Hmm, if you love FR, I would think that the most important purchase you make is the next one - on a continuing basis.

But please, do buy GHotR - I'm eagerly loooking forward to the feedback.

-- George Krashos

Hate to be a stickler but I think that the quote is very much mutable.

If you love FR, you'll continue to buy it but if the changes coming are too much, you'll no longer love FR as it exists in present form, which deprives you of incentive to continue purchasing new products and will then have you focus on older stuff, representing the material and feel of the setting that you enjoyed.
Wandering_mage Posted - 18 Sep 2007 : 22:29:40
Some of the examples revealed by WotC for historical Realms events were very interesting. Instead of just a short sentence blurb you get a story. Good stuff. I will buy it when the time is right... Or when I have money.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 12 Sep 2007 : 04:39:44
quote:
Originally posted by scererar

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Not to be a curmudgeon, but I don't believe in buying products you don't want just for the sake of buying them...whether you love the Realms or not (I would think someone's spending habits are no one else's business, right?).

That being said, I'll be buying GHotR...because I want it, not because I feel obligated to buy it.

And yes, I've noticed the artwork elsewhere before, even though it is nice.

RF, you made me use the dictionary and I don't think you are being one

cur·mudg·eon
a bad-tempered, difficult, cantankerous person.

grouch, crank, bear, sourpuss, crosspatch.

Aww, well thank you. I do think I sometimes have a bit of sourpuss in me though...
scererar Posted - 12 Sep 2007 : 04:33:48
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Not to be a curmudgeon, but I don't believe in buying products you don't want just for the sake of buying them...whether you love the Realms or not (I would think someone's spending habits are no one else's business, right?).

That being said, I'll be buying GHotR...because I want it, not because I feel obligated to buy it.

RF, you made me use the dictionary and I don't think you are being one

cur·mudg·eon
a bad-tempered, difficult, cantankerous person.

grouch, crank, bear, sourpuss, crosspatch.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Sep 2007 : 03:55:01
I'll definitely be buying it, too. I've been a fan of the Grand History ever since I first stumbled across the pdf, several years ago... In fact, I've turned more than a few people onto it. It's entirely possible that whoever posted the link that brought it to WotC attention had gotten the link from me, originally. At least, that's the way I prefer to look at it.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 12 Sep 2007 : 03:25:42

scererar Posted - 09 Sep 2007 : 03:32:21

quote:
Hmm, if you love FR, I would think that the most important purchase you make is the next one - on a continuing basis.

- George Krashos

Well said George
Uzzy Posted - 09 Sep 2007 : 00:21:27
Certainly going to buy it, though I do have to say that the artwork shown was previously used in Champions of Valour. It's one that's good enough to be used again, for sure, but I do hope that we don't have too many repeated pieces of artwork.
George Krashos Posted - 09 Sep 2007 : 00:17:45
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

As it stands, this tome represents the FINAL product concerning the Realms we currently KNOW.

Everything is about to change, and I have a feeling that this book will be the sole source for campaigns that refuse to move to 4e for YEARS to come.

But please, do buy GHotR - I'm eagerly loooking forward to the feedback.

-- George Krashos
Markustay Posted - 08 Sep 2007 : 21:28:17

Sanishiver Posted - 08 Sep 2007 : 01:59:48
I am going to be able to do soooo much with this book. It'll be like having a super-copy of Lost Empires of Faerûn, but without any crunchy bits.
Xysma Posted - 07 Sep 2007 : 22:28:14
It looks great! I can't wait to delve into this one.
Reefy Posted - 07 Sep 2007 : 21:29:46
Not long to go now... one early birthday present for this scribe.
JEThetford Posted - 07 Sep 2007 : 04:48:00
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

Definite MUST BUY....*drools*

Oh...

my...

god.

I can't wait.
Alisttair Posted - 07 Sep 2007 : 02:10:41
Definite MUST BUY....*drools*
scererar Posted - 07 Sep 2007 : 01:32:19
Excellent! the art work is great also.
Jorkens Posted - 06 Sep 2007 : 15:46:23
This makes it even harder to wait for the release date. Thanks for the links.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000