Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 City of Wyrmshadows

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ericlboyd Posted - 13 Jul 2006 : 03:09:36
Looks like Dragon let the cat out of the bag. Look at Dragon #346, page 14, for a brief description of the Dragons of Faerun web enhancement I wrote.

For those still desperately waiting for #346, better known as George's Impiltur edition, the First Watch column says: "Supplementing this book, a web enhancement with art and maps will soon be available at wizards.com, detaing the gloom-tained City of Wyrmshadows, an area of the Underdark inhabited by drow half-dragons.

--Eric
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ericlboyd Posted - 02 Jul 2007 : 22:09:33
quote:
Originally posted by Drakul

Will there be novels based on Chaulssin??

Not so far as I know, but I encourage you to make that suggestion to WoTC.

--Eri
Drakul Posted - 01 Jul 2007 : 12:42:59
Will there be novels based on Chaulssin??
Inaubryn Posted - 28 May 2007 : 17:23:09
This will allow me to finish somethin' that's been a long time comin'. Thanks, E. The funny thing is, the Shadow Draconic Drow is similar to somethin' I created for the purposes of finishin' what I need to finish. I used a twist on the Shade Template, however. So, now I might just add shadow form to the Shadow Draconic Drow Template as one of their abilities per 4 hit die. It would work like gaseous form just uh... shadowy.

Anyway, good stuff indeed and a big gap connector for me.
Sanishiver Posted - 01 May 2007 : 07:04:45
Very good work. Stuff I can use right away in my campaign.

Thank you!
ericlboyd Posted - 28 Apr 2007 : 20:41:58
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

Could someone explain to me the difference between shadow draconic drow and half shadow dragon drow? They seen quite alike(both have la+5)I'm sure it's perfectly obvious but it's late and I have a headache so the answer is not forthcoming to me.

Half-shadow dragon drow are drow with the half-dragon template. In other words, first generation children of drow and shadow dragons.

Shadow draconic drow are drow with the draconic template and the shadow template. The draconic template reflects the fact that they have an ancestor who was a dragon (i.e. they are mostly drow, but dragon's have a strong bloodline). On top of that, they have the shadow template from their long exposure to the Plane of Shadow.

--Eric
khorne Posted - 28 Apr 2007 : 20:24:06
Could someone explain to me the difference between shadow draconic drow and half shadow dragon drow? They seen quite alike(both have la+5)I'm sure it's perfectly obvious but it's late and I have a headache so the answer is not forthcoming to me.
Drakul Posted - 26 Apr 2007 : 16:31:43
Noted, Eric and I thank thee again for such an amazing WE.

I would get at the peeps at the boards in WotC, but they are down for the moment.
ericlboyd Posted - 26 Apr 2007 : 16:23:16
quote:
Eric, as I stated in another post, I simply love this Web Enhancement. DAYUM good work. Would like to see more on the Revered Grandfather and his fellow Patron Fathers.

Glad you liked it. I doubt I'll have the opportunity to revisit this topic for a while, so I would suggest asking in the Realms NPCs thread on the WoTC boards for someone to do the stat blocks.

--Eric
dwarvenranger Posted - 26 Apr 2007 : 15:12:31
Good stuff, I really liked the adventure.
Drakul Posted - 26 Apr 2007 : 13:01:28
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:

I am so eagerly waitin for this WE to come out. Chaulssin, City of Wyrmshadow and the Jaezred Chaulssin are the coolest things to grace the Realms.

Hope you like it. It's finally up!

--Eric

Eric, as I stated in another post, I simply love this Web Enhancement. DAYUM good work. Would like to see more on the Revered Grandfather and his fellow Patron Fathers.
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 26 Apr 2007 : 05:11:15
Very impressive indeed! not only amazing new Realmslore, but two new races to boot! (I'm sure I'll have loads of crunch-related questions soon, but for now I am nigh speechless!)

PS: both new races/templates are at +5 total ECL right? (level adjust +5 with no racial HD correct?) One is geared towards sorcerers, as opposed to Nimor's (geared for assassins/rogues) which could make for fun interactions with drow "wizard-purists" these sorcerous drow half-dragons could be the new Bregan Daerth, arcane-style!
KnightErrantJR Posted - 26 Apr 2007 : 01:26:02
Very impressive work Eric, I'm glad its finally up.
ericlboyd Posted - 26 Apr 2007 : 01:02:46
quote:

I am so eagerly waitin for this WE to come out. Chaulssin, City of Wyrmshadow and the Jaezred Chaulssin are the coolest things to grace the Realms.

Hope you like it. It's finally up!

--Eric
EytanBernstein Posted - 25 Apr 2007 : 22:25:38
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by EytanBernstein

It's up now on the WotC site. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070425a

So, Eytan, what was that about learning about website updates from us?

Haha! I only learn about updates for my own work from you guys.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Apr 2007 : 21:59:55
quote:

It's up now on the WotC site. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070425a

So, Eytan, what was that about learning about website updates from us?
EytanBernstein Posted - 25 Apr 2007 : 20:56:08
Drakul Posted - 18 Apr 2007 : 10:39:44
EytanBernstein Posted - 03 Jan 2007 : 10:54:36
quote:
Originally posted by Inaubryn

Excellent. Thanks, Bernie. Can I call ya Bernie?

Sure, call me whatever you like (within reason).
Inaubryn Posted - 03 Jan 2007 : 08:17:53
Excellent. Thanks, Bernie. Can I call ya Bernie?
EytanBernstein Posted - 02 Jan 2007 : 21:14:30
Two Web Enhancements for Dragons of Faerun are currently in development. I think that Eric's will be available much sooner than the one I wrote.
Inaubryn Posted - 02 Jan 2007 : 20:25:26
Nothing?
Inaubryn Posted - 08 Nov 2006 : 04:49:37
Yo, Eric? Whatever happened to this?
Alisttair Posted - 17 Aug 2006 : 02:41:53
I can't wait to get my copy in the mail :)
Inaubryn Posted - 17 Aug 2006 : 02:28:22
Didn't miss it yet, did I?
ericlboyd Posted - 03 Aug 2006 : 13:54:21
quote:
Originally posted by Inaubryn

ETA, Eric, sir?

No idea. I assume this month, but you never know.

--Eric
Inaubryn Posted - 02 Aug 2006 : 23:16:31
ETA, Eric, sir?
EytanBernstein Posted - 15 Jul 2006 : 21:21:21
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:

quote:

Initiate of Tiamat/Bahamut/other Dragon deities feats and spells

*pokes Eytan Bernstein with a stick*

I'll give that some thought. Stop poking me. It hurts :)

Just consider yourself lucky that I didnt add the Shocking and wounding special abilities to the stick!

Don't you know that all FR game designers have resistance 30 to electricity and and are immune to critical hits.
Dargoth Posted - 15 Jul 2006 : 09:45:18
quote:

quote:

Initiate of Tiamat/Bahamut/other Dragon deities feats and spells

*pokes Eytan Bernstein with a stick*

I'll give that some thought. Stop poking me. It hurts :)

Just consider yourself lucky that I didnt add the Shocking and wounding special abilities to the stick!
The Hooded One Posted - 15 Jul 2006 : 04:43:43
George, you'd be surprised at how darned many folks from Down Under make it to every GenCon. Truly. (Kiwis, too.)
love,
THO
George Krashos Posted - 15 Jul 2006 : 02:54:48
quote:
The big question is: does he have your accent?

It's funny you say that - I've always enjoyed the thought of turning up at a GEN-CON FR seminar and asking "in the know" questions and seeing if anyone picked up that it was me. I'm guessing that the accent would be the giveaway.

-- George Krashos

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000