Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Magic Books #13

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Garen Thal Posted - 09 Feb 2005 : 05:10:30
The thirteenth installment of the Magic Books of Faerūn series, Hate of the Cobra, is now available here!
21   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
VEDSICA Posted - 17 Feb 2005 : 03:54:16
Sean I don't blame the web team at all.Your work is tremendous.I love the lore.I love the origins and history.That's what makes me really love the series.I like your idea about just listing the spells though.Obviously you like doing the series,or you wouldn't have made a pitch to keep it going.Hopefully it will go somewhere,but.......
SiriusBlack Posted - 16 Feb 2005 : 04:40:20
quote:
Originally posted by seankreynolds

Please understand that the cancellation of this series isn't the web team's fault. Someone higher-up at WotC made a desicision to not have so many rulesy things on the site. They steer toward or away such things on a regular basis, changing about once a year.

Like most other organizations....swing this way...oops...too far...back the other direction...oops...too far...

repeat process

quote:

In the meantime, I just asked if they'd be interested in a similar series that _just_ had origins and history for special spellbooks, with just a list of the spells inside and no new spells. We'll see if that goes anywhere.

That would be very interesting to see such books with detailed histories.
seankreynolds Posted - 16 Feb 2005 : 00:53:09
Please understand that the cancellation of this series isn't the web team's fault. Someone higher-up at WotC made a desicision to not have so many rulesy things on the site. They steer toward or away such things on a regular basis, changing about once a year. Eventually the pendulum will shift back toward more rulesy content. In the meantime, I just asked if they'd be interested in a similar series that _just_ had origins and history for special spellbooks, with just a list of the spells inside and no new spells. We'll see if that goes anywhere.
The Sage Posted - 15 Feb 2005 : 04:06:36
These articles always remind me of the wonderfully detailed tomes from both the Pages from the Mages and Prayers from the Faithful 2e sourcebooks.

I hope that in the future, we will see a PDF of the articles published so far.
Garen Thal Posted - 14 Feb 2005 : 22:27:27
quote:
Originally posted by VEDSICA

Just like the Wyrms of the North articles.Now those I wish would have went on forever.
Keep in mind that Wyrms of the North ended not because it was cancelled, but because there was no more material. WotN was a series of articles in Dragon Magazine (issues #230 to 259) penned by Ed Greenwood, that were updated to 3rd Edition rules by Eric Boyd (230-236) and Sean K Reynolds (237-259). After that, there weren't any more dragons that could rightly be called "Wyrms of the North," because the series had concluded quite some time earlier.
VEDSICA Posted - 14 Feb 2005 : 22:02:42
Point well taken WR and SB.It's just that I get fixed onto something I really enjoy reading about,and then I can't read about it anymore.Just like the Wyrms of the North articles.Now those I wish would have went on forever.Alas it was not to be.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Feb 2005 : 15:26:18
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
This is true... Though I really liked the series, I know some people complained about the Perilous Gateways series and its length...

You want to hear complaints from fans...just wait if the Undermountain articles aren't up to snuff...

WOOSH! if so

*snickers* I'm a fan of Undermountain, so I might wind up leading those complaints.
SiriusBlack Posted - 13 Feb 2005 : 07:08:09
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
This is true... Though I really liked the series, I know some people complained about the Perilous Gateways series and its length...

You want to hear complaints from fans...just wait if the Undermountain articles aren't up to snuff...

WOOSH! if so
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Feb 2005 : 05:51:56
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

Well that just plain old stinks.Another spike in the abdomen from the WoTC website.Way to go guys!!!!.

And if they let the series of articles continue to run past 13, I'm sure there would be other WOTC site fans that would complain about the company running the same old thing time and time again.

SiriusBlack Posted - 13 Feb 2005 : 04:40:36
quote:

Well that just plain old stinks.Another spike in the abdomen from the WoTC website.Way to go guys!!!!.

And if they let the series of articles continue to run past 13, I'm sure there would be other WOTC site fans that would complain about the company running the same old thing time and time again.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Feb 2005 : 03:19:20
quote:

Well, as much as I hate to ride to the defense of WotC... I will admit that some of the stuff on their website has been quite interesting. So, while I do mourn the demise of the Magic Books series, I am hopefull that we'll see something else intriguing in its place.
VEDSICA Posted - 12 Feb 2005 : 23:28:34
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Feb 2005 : 14:30:53
I popped over to the linked thread on SKR's board... He's not written any other Magic Book articles, and, at the moment, WotC hasn't hit him up with another project.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Feb 2005 : 02:26:46
quote:
Originally posted by Borch

Well,

just found out some bad news about this series.

"Hate of the Cobra" has not only been the thirteenth part of this great series but it is also the last one.

Just read that over at Sean Reynolds' boards, where he himself mentioned it.

See for yourself in this thread.

Seems as if number 13 meant bad luck for the books...

Bane's boxers, that draws vacuum... Why do they keep dropping the most interesting series they have?
Borch Posted - 11 Feb 2005 : 23:58:33
Well,

just found out some bad news about this series.

"Hate of the Cobra" has not only been the thirteenth part of this great series but it is also the last one.

Just read that over at Sean Reynolds' boards, where he himself mentioned it.

See for yourself in this thread.

Seems as if number 13 meant bad luck for the books...
VEDSICA Posted - 11 Feb 2005 : 20:54:55
I would like to make a correction.I just finished with The Rite,and not The Rage.Gareth wasn't in The Rage.
VEDSICA Posted - 11 Feb 2005 : 20:47:36
My sincere appologies Gareth,I mean Garen.The funny thing is that I just finished up with The Rage.So that name is in my head.
Reefy Posted - 10 Feb 2005 : 00:47:12
I'll throw in my support behind these articles, they've been one of my favourite columns. Plenty of flavour behind them, certainly made me think about making spellbooks more interesting.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Feb 2005 : 23:32:23
quote:

Thanks Gareth for the lore.Pretty interesting book I would say.Actually this has been an all around interesting set of atricles.

I'll agree. The Magic Books articles are some of the best ones to grace the WotC website.

And the way this particular tome is constructed... Wow. I'd've never thought of that one.
Garen Thal Posted - 09 Feb 2005 : 22:08:37
That's Garen, my dear VEDSICA, not Gareth. Gareth is King of Damara. Garen is not yet king, but he shall be one day.

MUWAHAHAHAHA
VEDSICA Posted - 09 Feb 2005 : 19:24:16
Thanks Gareth for the lore.Pretty interesting book I would say.Actually this has been an all around interesting set of atricles.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000