Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 More Magic Books of Faerun

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Sage Posted - 18 Mar 2004 : 02:48:28
Here's another great Magic Book for use in your FR campaigns...

It's titled Barb of the Mind, and was written by an unknown Cyricist wizard. It also deals with some interesting destructive enchantment spells...

Enjoy...
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Jan 2005 : 11:28:18
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Woohoo! I beat Wooly, SB, Kuje and Dargoth to the punch!

Did you, now? Hmmm, it must have been a different Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen who posted the link 14 minutes before you...
SiriusBlack Posted - 12 Jan 2005 : 06:23:51
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
I like the origin of this one.

I like the level of FR detail. Compare this to other...offerings.

quote:
Woohoo! I beat Wooly, SB, Kuje and Dargoth to the punch!

Not so fast Consigliere! WR as a button man usually has a faster mouse trigger.
George Krashos Posted - 12 Jan 2005 : 05:55:28
Dang! That's not fair! I was at work and the boss walked in. Oh those precious few minutes.

-- George Krashos
Dargoth Posted - 12 Jan 2005 : 05:54:13
Hmm intrigueing

Dargoth Posted - 12 Jan 2005 : 05:50:22
quote:

Woohoo! I beat Wooly, SB, Kuje and Dargoth to the punch! New Magic Book of Faerun is up on the WotC website: Kaupaer's Quick Book. It looks a good one with mentions of Halruaa and banelar. Look for it here:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050112a

-- George Krashos

To slow George Wolly beat you to it
George Krashos Posted - 12 Jan 2005 : 05:47:09
Woohoo! I beat Wooly, SB, Kuje and Dargoth to the punch! New Magic Book of Faerun is up on the WotC website: Kaupaer's Quick Book. It looks a good one with mentions of Halruaa and banelar. Look for it here:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050112a

-- George Krashos
Wooly Rupert Posted - 12 Jan 2005 : 05:33:41
Another one is up...

Kaupaer's Quick Book (Spells from the Hastiest Mage)

I like the origin of this one.
Bookwyrm Posted - 16 Dec 2004 : 02:58:41
Well, Mr. Reynolds couldn't have been meaning it in a mean way . . . after all, "Saint Schend" was the only one of the listed "unfortunate victims" who survived the cursed item . . . .

On the other hand, perhaps he thought you'd have prefered that "Saint Schend" die.
Steven Schend Posted - 15 Dec 2004 : 22:26:50
quote:
Originally posted by tauster

i was laughing so hard that i slid from my chair- literally!
fortunately, i was the only one in the room at that moment.

the overall article is guite good and opens many possibilities for adventure.
...and saint schend is sure to pop up during my next session (thatīs accidentally located in waterdeep at the moment)!

All I ask is that ye be kind.

Steven
Who's rarely liked and never played either a paladin or an aasimar, preferring human wizards and ranger types with a touch of chaos to their goodness
tauster Posted - 15 Dec 2004 : 15:15:58
i was laughing so hard that i slid from my chair- literally!
fortunately, i was the only one in the room at that moment.

the overall article is guite good and opens many possibilities for adventure.
...and saint schend is sure to pop up during my next session (thatīs accidentally located in waterdeep at the moment)!

Dargoth Posted - 15 Dec 2004 : 12:13:13
"Saint Schend" thats a WOTC/TSR Easter Egg if ever I heard one!

Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Dec 2004 : 11:30:41
A new magic book is up, and this time, it's from Thay. It also mentions the sad fate of Saint Schend of Waterdeep, an aasimar paladin of Ilmater.
Nybor's Small Codex (Spells from a Former Zulkir)
Reefy Posted - 23 Sep 2004 : 00:04:47
I'm really enjoying this series of articles and was wondering if any fellow scribes have created any similar tomes of their own?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 17 Sep 2004 : 22:52:57
Excellent! Thank you for letting us know -- I was afraid they were going to sit on that one until the Waterdeep sourcebook and novel comes out (both of which I am very much looking forward to).
seankreynolds Posted - 17 Sep 2004 : 20:35:29
The Waterdeep book is next month.
SiriusBlack Posted - 16 Sep 2004 : 05:58:29
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal
October, says I, for the Waterdeep book. October.

Of this year? Or 2005?
Garen Thal Posted - 16 Sep 2004 : 05:41:16
Let it never be said that the scribes of Candlekeep were a patient lot. When there's a book they're awantin', they're wanting it now.

October, says I, for the Waterdeep book. October.
Kuje Posted - 16 Sep 2004 : 03:17:34
quote:
Hey, now! I have limited time to surf the internet while at work...

I won't be getting home for at least a couple more hours. I always check for updates when I get home, since I can't do much with an update before I get home. But hey, at least I now have something to look forward to!

Excuses! Excuses!

But your right, I want the Waterdeep one!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Sep 2004 : 03:09:40
*whimpers* And it's still not the Waterdeep one! I hope they're not making us wait until the sourcebook comes out before they finally give us that one...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Sep 2004 : 03:07:36
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

The Senile Scribe is slacking in his duties. Grins at Wooly.

So without further ado, new book is up:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040915a

Hey, now! I have limited time to surf the internet while at work...

I won't be getting home for at least a couple more hours. I always check for updates when I get home, since I can't do much with an update before I get home. But hey, at least I now have something to look forward to!
Kuje Posted - 16 Sep 2004 : 01:44:21
The Senile Scribe is slacking in his duties. Grins at Wooly.

So without further ado, new book is up:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040915a
The Sage Posted - 24 Aug 2004 : 04:42:32
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack
That's okay, I'm sure some scribes here will take it as a promise and come October if the article is not at the WOTC site with big flashing neon print, you'll hear about it.

I rather doubt that. I'm sure by now, that most of you have learned from your mistaken assumptions from the last episode regarding online FR web content...
SiriusBlack Posted - 23 Aug 2004 : 16:30:04
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

Since I try to help Sean out on these articles, I suppose I can let a little slip: Assuming that Julia and the web team decide to keep putting up the books as they come, and assuming that the Waterdeep book is the one Sean completes next, it would see the light of day some time around mid- to late October.

Thanks for sharing this information. It will be something nice to see in the Fall if it comes to pass.

quote:

That's not a promise of when it will be submitted, though, nor of when it will be released. It's just my best understanding of the flow of the article releases.

That's okay, I'm sure some scribes here will take it as a promise and come October if the article is not at the WOTC site with big flashing neon print, you'll hear about it.
The Sage Posted - 23 Aug 2004 : 09:03:26
Thanks anyway, Garen . It's nice to know we have this tap into the internal processes behind some of the web articles at the FR website.

Keep us apprised...
Garen Thal Posted - 23 Aug 2004 : 07:23:01
Since I try to help Sean out on these articles, I suppose I can let a little slip: Assuming that Julia and the web team decide to keep putting up the books as they come, and assuming that the Waterdeep book is the one Sean completes next, it would see the light of day some time around mid- to late October.

That's not a promise of when it will be submitted, though, nor of when it will be released. It's just my best understanding of the flow of the article releases.
SiriusBlack Posted - 19 Aug 2004 : 02:42:18
quote:
Aren't we supposed to be getting a Waterdeep-related one soon?

You really see the WOTC online staff getting up the Waterdeep Magic book up any time soon?
Sarelle Posted - 19 Aug 2004 : 01:19:05
Yes I'm sure his Waterdeep watch one was to be 'next'... But this one is really good.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Aug 2004 : 00:44:46
quote:

quote:
It was a joke, hehe remember, a few months ago.... WR was senile..... Never mind. :)

I know...I was going along with the joke and pretending I wasn't recognizing you. <Sigh> and even WR didn't get it...but I'm used to senility from him.

Oh, I got it. But it was more fun to run with the other one.

Perhaps we should go back to talking about Magic Books before a certain staff-weilding moderator comes in...

Aren't we supposed to be getting a Waterdeep-related one soon?
Kuje Posted - 19 Aug 2004 : 00:40:40
quote:

quote:
It was a joke, hehe remember, a few months ago.... WR was senile..... Never mind. :)

I know...I was going along with the joke and pretending I wasn't recognizing you. <Sigh> and even WR didn't get it...but I'm used to senility from him.

Oh. Grin, well next time add a laughing smiley or some thing. :)
SiriusBlack Posted - 18 Aug 2004 : 22:56:57
quote:

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000