Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Game of Thrones Season 1 filming began today!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
The Red Walker Posted - 26 Jul 2010 : 18:30:52
Been waiting on A Dance With Dragons so long, it's hard to believe the series is so close to being on air!

Apparently the Scene requires Sean Bean, so there jumping right into it!

http://winter-is-coming.net/
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Quale Posted - 18 May 2011 : 13:10:05
Can't wait for the fight scene between Gregor and Oberyn Martell,

in a few years
Diffan Posted - 18 May 2011 : 13:08:05
quote:
Originally posted by Maruluthu Mistrivvin

Last night's episode was great, except the scene with Renly was unnecessary. Varys is just the slime I imagined, and mayor Carcetti as well.

I agree, as I've always hated Varys. The scene with Renly wasn't needed at all, but I guess that's HBOs way of pushing boundaries? Still, the Knight of the Flowers is as femanine as I imagined but a damn good jouster.
Marc Posted - 16 May 2011 : 20:42:20
Last night's episode was great, except the scene with Renly was unnecessary. Varys is just the slime I imagined, and mayor Carcetti as well.
Quale Posted - 27 Apr 2011 : 23:11:22
there wasn't the love scene between Cat and Ned, also Cersei's was not revealing at all

but it's been more than ten years since I read the first book, don't remember
idilippy Posted - 24 Apr 2011 : 07:03:28
I wouldn't go that far. To me none of the scenes with language, violence, or sex seemed out of place in the book. It doesn't feel like a bunch of scenes were added in to get shock or anything, rather it feels like such material was woven into the story as needed and were only there if necessary to the plot or to flesh out the world or characters.
Lord Karsus Posted - 23 Apr 2011 : 15:45:33
quote:
Originally posted by idilippy

To be fair Dagnirion, the nudity fit the book pretty much exactly, even a little toned down maybe from what I remember. But yeah, I started watching Rome a few years ago and ended up watching one episode with my family that was a little awkward when they came to visit. I'm really excited for the new book in July, there's so much going on I can't wait to see what gets resolved or what problems pile on.

-Yeah, I've read reviews of the author's books saying, bluntly, that at times they seem like they were written with one hand, in terms of all of the very detailed nudity and sexuality and such.
idilippy Posted - 22 Apr 2011 : 18:31:02
To be fair Dagnirion, the nudity fit the book pretty much exactly, even a little toned down maybe from what I remember. But yeah, I started watching Rome a few years ago and ended up watching one episode with my family that was a little awkward when they came to visit. I'm really excited for the new book in July, there's so much going on I can't wait to see what gets resolved or what problems pile on.
GRYPHON Posted - 22 Apr 2011 : 14:56:38
Next book is supposed to be out in July. Hope it's worth the wait...
Quale Posted - 22 Apr 2011 : 14:14:34
The last scene was short, not as dramatic as I remember.
Diffan Posted - 22 Apr 2011 : 10:48:38
From what I remember of the novel, it seemed as though the show was nearly 100% accurate with the flow and how everything went with the order of the book. Hardly any deviation, which in my mind is excellent.

Overall, extreamly well done.
Lord Karsus Posted - 22 Apr 2011 : 06:56:28
-It feels strange saying this, but the excessive amount of boobs present was...Well, watching stuff like that with your mom is always awkward.

-Never read the books, so I thought it dragged a little bit in the first half-hour or so, setting up the plot and establishing the characters, but the second half-hour or so, it picked up. The whole marriage scene, pretty cool.
idilippy Posted - 21 Apr 2011 : 16:43:01
I thought the casting and sets/costumes were excellent, and if the show continues this way will be very happy with it.
Quale Posted - 21 Apr 2011 : 12:15:15
So, what do you think? I really liked the map, Wall, and the old gods grove. Perfect choice for most actors.
Quale Posted - 28 Jul 2010 : 10:37:18
I'd be happy just to have ADWD, actually it's better that Martin is a perfectionist and the series won't be finished, from experience endings are often disappointing, this way it leaves you wondering about the possibilities. I hope the TV series airs at least til the season three/four to cover the events from A Storm of Swords which is my favourite fantasy book.

They should film some of Martin's sci-fi stories too.
Diffan Posted - 27 Jul 2010 : 16:12:02
quote:
Originally posted by Knight of the Gate

O wow... you have no idea what you are in for. The books you haven't read stand the whole series on its head. (That was my best Moonboy impression... despite not mentioning fishes).
I am really, really worries that GRRM will not finish the series before he passes. I know, I know, this makes me a selfish POS, but it really IS a concern. He hasn't put out a book in HOW many years, and has HOW many to go and is HOW old? I just want ADWD to drop so I can stop losing my mind over stuff that (I hope) will be made apparent, like R+L=J and whatnot.

Yea, I sorta felt the same way when Robert Jordan passed before he could finish the WoT series. For myself, I've only read A Game of Thrones book (having borrowed it from my friend) and was really intrigued with the style of writing. The point of view perspective is really unique IMO and stands apart from the usual fantasy I read.

I really need to pick up the other books and read them, if just to figure out what happens to Jon Snow (that was his name correct? it's been a while since I last read the book).

On a side note, did anyone notice the replica sword that was made to resemble Snow's wolf-headed sword?
Knight of the Gate Posted - 27 Jul 2010 : 09:14:53
O wow... you have no idea what you are in for. The books you haven't read stand the whole series on its head. (That was my best Moonboy impression... despite not mentioning fishes).
I am really, really worries that GRRM will not finish the series before he passes. I know, I know, this makes me a selfish POS, but it really IS a concern. He hasn't put out a book in HOW many years, and has HOW many to go and is HOW old? I just want ADWD to drop so I can stop losing my mind over stuff that (I hope) will be made apparent, like R+L=J and whatnot.
The Sage Posted - 27 Jul 2010 : 02:32:34
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I've been so looking forward to this. I might even treat myself to a casual reading of the books, this weekend.

First reading or read them before? I'm definitely waiting for ADWD before eve considering a re-read.
I've read the first two books, so it'll be re-reads for those. I've still to work my way through A Storm of Swords and A Feast for Crows.
quote:
And feel free to read them right after you get me that email
Indeed!
The Red Walker Posted - 27 Jul 2010 : 02:05:54
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I've been so looking forward to this. I might even treat myself to a casual reading of the books, this weekend.

First reading or read them before? I'm definitely waiting for ADWD before eve considering a re-read.

And feel free to read them right after you get me that email
The Sage Posted - 27 Jul 2010 : 01:44:19
Dalor Darden Posted - 27 Jul 2010 : 01:39:49
I'm about ready to pee...seriously.

Never in my life has a series of books both made me like them and hate them so much.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000