Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 D&D comic preview

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bakra Posted - 28 Jun 2010 : 16:37:54
Aint It Cool News has a preview of the new D&D comic. The artwork is actually good and the setup rings true to a D&D adventure. The characters are on a mission when they come across a ‘complication'. Also, the dialogue is good too:

The ranger: "We elves walk an ancient paths."
The fighter: "'Shortcut'. Just say 'Shortcut.'"

The best part of the preview is the final frame which shows a very familiar stone statue.
21   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 05 Dec 2010 : 06:14:06
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Forgotten Realms
AD&D

Ah, okay. My local comic-book store only lists the FR compilation in its pre-order catalogue. Looks like I'll have to make a special order to the AD&D book as well.

As I recall, those catalogs are three months ahead -- and the AD&D compilation comes out a month after the FR one. So it'll be in the next catalog, I'm sure.

True. Though the catalogue I was looking through finishes at 5th March. But 'twas printed late last month... so I'm thinking that maybe at the time this catalogue went to print, the proposed release date for the AD&D compilation, wasn't finalised.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Dec 2010 : 04:49:29
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Forgotten Realms
AD&D

Ah, okay. My local comic-book store only lists the FR compilation in its pre-order catalogue. Looks like I'll have to make a special order to the AD&D book as well.

As I recall, those catalogs are three months ahead -- and the AD&D compilation comes out a month after the FR one. So it'll be in the next catalog, I'm sure.
The Sage Posted - 05 Dec 2010 : 04:32:08
quote:

Forgotten Realms
AD&D

Kajehase Posted - 05 Dec 2010 : 04:17:07
Forgotten Realms
AD&D
The Sage Posted - 05 Dec 2010 : 00:03:25
Both titles?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Dec 2010 : 17:09:40
I'll be ordering both titles. I've got all the comics, but it's so much easier to read them in a collected volume.
The Sage Posted - 04 Dec 2010 : 09:20:44
quote:

I missed the IDW comic when it came out. I've not been in a comic shop in about a year or so, and I've not bought a new comic in several years.

I'll put in the good word for just about everything IDW is publishing these days. And their re-print editions of classic comics from other publishers are stellar examples of the true love IDW has for the medium.

Anyways, I've already pre-ordered my copy of the FR comic compilation. And at a discount too.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Dec 2010 : 17:26:59
quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It is set in core D&D. A Forgotten Realms miniseries comes out later. (There should be an announcement at Gencon about the FR miniseries)
D&D issue number 0 ships for retailers in August and sells for $1 US. The regular series starts in September and will retail for more than $1 US.

And Wooly is correct that is the altar from 1E DMG...minus an eye.

Also IDW has a forum set aside for the new comic. And one of the threads started by the editor is asking about what we would like to see reprinted. Who wants to see a collection of the old Spelljammer?

http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewtopic.php?t=7823

I'd like to see all the old DC/TSR titles reprinted... But I'd also like to see a proper end to a couple of them! Spelljammer, in particular, ended just as it was getting into a really interesting story arc.

Reprints anyone? Dungeons & Dragons: Forgotten Realms Classics Vol. 1 is now being listed at Amazon.com It doesn't mention a release date yet.

Yes it does. March 1, 2011.

Amazon listing

Arrghh, I must have rolled a "1" on my spot check. But I did pass my search check...AD&D Vol.1 collection comes out on April 19th.
BTW: The new IDW comic is actually good. It had a quick pace, witty dialogue, and decent artwork.

Good find! Here's the Amazon listing for the AD&D one.

I missed the IDW comic when it came out. I've not been in a comic shop in about a year or so, and I've not bought a new comic in several years.
Elfinblade Posted - 03 Dec 2010 : 17:14:48
Oh my this is looking good!
Bakra Posted - 03 Dec 2010 : 17:02:55
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It is set in core D&D. A Forgotten Realms miniseries comes out later. (There should be an announcement at Gencon about the FR miniseries)
D&D issue number 0 ships for retailers in August and sells for $1 US. The regular series starts in September and will retail for more than $1 US.

Also IDW has a forum set aside for the new comic. And one of the threads started by the editor is asking about what we would like to see reprinted. Who wants to see a collection of the old Spelljammer?

I'd like to see all the old DC/TSR titles reprinted... But I'd also like to see a proper end to a couple of them! Spelljammer, in particular, ended just as it was getting into a really interesting story arc.

Reprints anyone? Dungeons & Dragons: Forgotten Realms Classics Vol. 1 is now being listed at Amazon.com It doesn't mention a release date yet.

Amazon listing

Arrghh, I must have rolled a "1" on my spot check. But I did pass my search check...AD&D Vol.1 collection comes out on April 19th.
BTW: The new IDW comic is actually good. It had a quick pace, witty dialogue, and decent artwork.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Dec 2010 : 14:21:46
quote:

quote:

quote:

Amazon listing
Bakra Posted - 03 Dec 2010 : 14:02:11
quote:

quote:

The Red Walker Posted - 30 Jun 2010 : 16:19:19
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Step away from the giant one eyed idol, very slowly...

He'd better keep an eye on you!
Brimstone Posted - 30 Jun 2010 : 13:56:16
Step away from the giant one eyed idol, very slowly...
Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 Jun 2010 : 13:00:12
quote:

Bakra Posted - 30 Jun 2010 : 12:51:29

Sill Alias Posted - 29 Jun 2010 : 05:00:04
Where I can find whole?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Jun 2010 : 03:03:45
Looks pretty good... And isn't that the altar from the 1E DMG?
Dark Wizard Posted - 29 Jun 2010 : 02:34:08
The flow is good and the art is decent. Is this a core D&D comic or is it an FR comic? I'm guessing the former.
The Red Walker Posted - 29 Jun 2010 : 01:39:21
quote:

Link?

It ain't fancy but here ya go...

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2009/comics/column09/dandd0p1.JPG
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Jun 2010 : 00:19:29
Link?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000