Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Mass Effect 2

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 27 Jan 2010 : 06:50:25
Here I am, playing Mass Effect 2 on my Xbox 360. Truly another great Bioware title. And it doesn't hurt that I'm catching some familar BSG voices in the game either.

But what does this have to do with the Realms? I'll tell you what. I'm walking around the Citadel and wander into a Souvenir shop. When, what to my wondering eyes should appear for purchase? A SPACE HAMSTER!

Wooly, you sly dog, I didn't even know you were renting yourself out!
24   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Quale Posted - 22 Apr 2011 : 14:15:27
I replayed the last mission until all characters that I disliked were dead, doubt it will have an effect on ME3 tough.
GRYPHON Posted - 21 Apr 2011 : 14:56:32
Lost two in the final mission. I'll try different characters in the next play-through...
idilippy Posted - 20 Apr 2011 : 23:29:12
How about that final mission? I love how they kept every part of it tense and exciting, and that choices mattered. I lucked out the first time and made it through with no party members dying, though the second time I tried it I lost a couple, how'd you do?
GRYPHON Posted - 20 Apr 2011 : 19:48:29
Finally finished. What a great game...
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 20 Apr 2011 : 17:56:33
It's set up the same as Moradin. After you do the mission to get him, you'll only be able to do a couple more missions before the story moves forward.
Diffan Posted - 20 Apr 2011 : 13:51:50
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Save the Geth ally for the *last* quest.

Yea, I had planned on doing that though I'm not sure of the significance.
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 20 Apr 2011 : 13:16:17
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

My brother keeps telling me to play this and Mass Effect 1. I really got to get to it eventually (so little time, so many games to play).

Yes, and beat both games before the 3rd one comes out early 4Q this year!!! I'm probably 3/4 done with Mass Effect 2 (still gotta get the Geth ally and beat Jack's main quest) but I think it's mechanics are great. It gives you a great combat-simulation of the Over-the-Shoulder view like Gears of War with heavy RP elements and decisions that count in all 3 games apparently. It's just short of Epic (a term I hate to use lightly).

Save the Geth ally for the *last* quest.
Diffan Posted - 20 Apr 2011 : 04:37:11
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

My brother keeps telling me to play this and Mass Effect 1. I really got to get to it eventually (so little time, so many games to play).

Yes, and beat both games before the 3rd one comes out early 4Q this year!!! I'm probably 3/4 done with Mass Effect 2 (still gotta get the Geth ally and beat Jack's main quest) but I think it's mechanics are great. It gives you a great combat-simulation of the Over-the-Shoulder view like Gears of War with heavy RP elements and decisions that count in all 3 games apparently. It's just short of Epic (a term I hate to use lightly).
Alisttair Posted - 15 Apr 2011 : 13:30:36
Bluenose Posted - 15 Apr 2011 : 10:22:33
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

Instead of creating a whole new thread, I was wondering if anyone had attempted to utilize the d20-future rules or something similar with the setting of Mass Effect? I'm curious as a lot of my friends are ME fans and I think that'd be rather interesting.

I like the idea of using Psionic abilities and reflavoring them to Biotics.

I've seen a conversion for Star Wars Saga edition. There's a thread on the WotC Star Wars forum, dbGoldberg was the author. I've also seen conversions for a couple of other systems, Starblazer Adventures (FATE) and d6 Space, and I've got some notes for a HQ2 version I keep meaning to sort out.

quote:
Originally posted by idilippy

Tali calls her little robot something that sounds like Chitikka Fastpaws, the raccoon companion of some gnome god and a reference to Aerie from BGII, and "Go for the optics" is great too.

Chiktika vas'Paus, I think.
Elfinblade Posted - 12 Apr 2011 : 21:27:36
quote:
Originally posted by idilippy

Tali calls her little robot something that sounds like Chitikka Fastpaws, the raccoon companion of some gnome god and a reference to Aerie from BGII, and "Go for the optics" is great too.

As to your question Diffan, I've seen lots of partial conversions out there. I'll hunt up a couple of the best(in my opinion) links and send them to you.

Minsk and.. Boo was it? From BG2? Funny moments, and an entertaining reference by Tali in ME2
idilippy Posted - 12 Apr 2011 : 19:56:03

As to your question Diffan, I've seen lots of partial conversions out there. I'll hunt up a couple of the best(in my opinion) links and send them to you.
Elfinblade Posted - 11 Apr 2011 : 21:59:35
Aye, it's a wonderful game. The gameplay is nice, graphics is nice but it is the story that gets me. A very thoroughly build universe filled with awesome sci-fi lore. I am eagerly anticipating ME3. Hope it lives up to my expectations. That and Skyrim
GRYPHON Posted - 11 Apr 2011 : 15:19:11
I think I'm about halfway through. Great game...
Diffan Posted - 11 Apr 2011 : 14:25:41
Instead of creating a whole new thread, I was wondering if anyone had attempted to utilize the d20-future rules or something similar with the setting of Mass Effect? I'm curious as a lot of my friends are ME fans and I think that'd be rather interesting.

I like the idea of using Psionic abilities and reflavoring them to Biotics.
Bluenose Posted - 02 Feb 2010 : 12:16:46
To quote Tali, "Go for the optical clusters, Mika!"

Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 01 Feb 2010 : 14:10:24
Just finished it yesterday and going through my second time. I always go through a second time, just to catch anything I didn't the first, and also to see what the characters are like maxed out (since you can restart with the levels you just attained). This is also beneficiary to when you import the character to Mass Effect 3.

Some thoughts that occurred to me (in a "I'd like to a webcomic based on ME2" kind of way):

(Spoilers hidden):

When you're "reborn" at the beginning and can import your old character, it'd be fun if you could change sex since the the damage is so extensive. "Welcome back, Shep-Holy crap, you're a girl!!"

A thousand years in the future and you can't ask the AI to feed your fish while you're saving the galaxy?!?

After visiting Tuchanka, the should REALLY let you keep the varren as a pet.

Joker/EDI's relationship. That has to be some of the best scripted material I've seen since Baldur's Gate.
The Sage Posted - 01 Feb 2010 : 14:09:43
I don't think I'll finish for quite a while, yet. I like to really take my time with these types of engrossing RPGs. There's just so much to experience... I simply want to try and do it all.

Besides, I'm having too much fun with Garrus at the moment.
Uzzy Posted - 01 Feb 2010 : 10:17:22
You think the Afterlife Club is fun? Wait till after the game and Yeoman Kelly has.. well, something special for you. As for the other characters, hell, nearly all of them should be perfect models for other NPC's.

So, anyone else finished it yet?
The Sage Posted - 31 Jan 2010 : 15:59:48
So I gave a tip to the table-top dancer in the "Afterlife Club" on Omega. What a show! And this was at the behest of my loving wife. Seriously, the Lady K encouraged this activity.

Woot!

In other news, I really need to find a way to model a future Realms NPC around Aria T'Loak.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Jan 2010 : 23:57:48
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

I hope they paid you your worth!

Only Bill Gates can do that.
The Red Walker Posted - 27 Jan 2010 : 14:54:01
I hope they paid you your worth!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 27 Jan 2010 : 11:06:24
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Here I am, playing Mass Effect 2 on my Xbox 360. Truly another great Bioware title. And it doesn't hurt that I'm catching some familar BSG voices in the game either.

But what does this have to do with the Realms? I'll tell you what. I'm walking around the Citadel and wander into a Souvenir shop. When, what to my wondering eyes should appear for purchase? A SPACE HAMSTER!

Wooly, you sly dog, I didn't even know you were renting yourself out!

That's how popular I am: everyone wants to have me, even if it's only for a short time!
Uzzy Posted - 27 Jan 2010 : 10:59:58
Aaah Bioware, you beautiful, beautiful people. I want Imoen for ME3 now!!!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000