Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 New DDM rules and alignment

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 17 Jan 2008 : 18:43:11
I just skimmed through the new DDM rulebook, and noticed something odd...

instead of CE, LE, CG and LG you now have:

Civilization - inhabitants from Points of lightm it seems even goblinoids can hail from Points of Light.
Borderlands
Underdark
The Wild - elves come from this "faction"

it seems to me that maybe the new alignment system (if there is one) will be the basis for this new DDM alignment...

Feels like WoW more and more...
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Matthus Posted - 18 Jan 2008 : 13:01:02
Just for completeness:

Here is the link to the new Miniature-Rules

KnightErrantJR Posted - 17 Jan 2008 : 23:21:51
From what it seems like, alignment is going to work kind of like Spycraft, i.e. you don't have an alignment unless you have an interest in good or evil, or law or chaos. The "default" is that you don't have an alignment (which is just smoke and mirrors for saying "neutral").
Kentinal Posted - 17 Jan 2008 : 23:11:42
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

I just skimmed through the new DDM rulebook, and noticed something odd...

instead of CE, LE, CG and LG you now have:

Civilization - inhabitants from Points of lightm it seems even goblinoids can hail from Points of Light.
Borderlands
Underdark
The Wild - elves come from this "faction"

it seems to me that maybe the new alignment system (if there is one) will be the basis for this new DDM alignment...

Feels like WoW more and more...

Err back to basics, OIOW Baisc D&D (Anderson) which had Civilization, Borderland (which border a Civilization) and Wilderness (lands not Civilized or Broderland).

I will grant undergeound was not really given much consideration then. Not sure it should be called anything different then, organizied, semi=organizied, or wild.
Venger Posted - 17 Jan 2008 : 21:45:26
Factions in a miniature game aren't the same thing as alignments in a roleplaying game.

And if you'll take a closer look, that rulebook makes several references to alignment, specifically good and evil. On the same page where they talk about the factions, it says ALIGNMENT in big, bold letters, and it says that you can't include both good and evil models in a warband.

In addition, from ENWorld...

quote:
In response to a poster asking whether WotC considered changing the name of the paladin in light of the fact that paladins can be of any alignment, Rich Baker had this to say:: "Yes, the question was considered, but ultimately it boils down to this: We want one class in the job of "holy warrior", not nine...Currently the text in the Player's Handbook says something to this effect: Paladins are almost always lawful or good. Chaotic or evil paladins do exist in the world, but they're almost never heroes; go see the DM if you want to play one."
Jorkens Posted - 17 Jan 2008 : 21:11:02
What is left from the Gygax original exactly? It seems like they have removed everything but the title by now.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000